월요일, 2월 20, 2012

Mickelson celebrates victory at treasured venue - chicagotribune.com

(Reuters) - Pebble Seaside has constantly been treasured by Phil Mickelson and he extra another memorable chapter to his exploits at the landmark California venue by successful the Pebble Beach front Country wide Professional-Am by two shots on Sunday.

At the picturesque Pebble Beach front Golfing Links wherever his grandfather utilised to perform as a caddie, the American still left-hander fired a gorgeous 8-under-par 64 to declare his 40th career victory on the PGA Tour.








It was his fourth triumph in the pro-am celebrity event in which only 5-instances champion Mark O'Meara has won more titles, and vindication that his early season function has paid off.

  It just feels fantastic to win this tournament,  Mickelson, 41, informed reporters soon after posting a 17-underneath complete of 269.  It's a special location for me, Pebble Seaside, and to have a get right here, in which my grandfather caddied, feels wonderful.

  I experienced like my match was so close heading into the season, and however my scores failed to reflect how I felt I was taking part in,  extra the four-instances key champion, who had finished no far better than joint 26th in his first a few commences on the 2012 PGA Tour.

  And to set it together this week, particularly the closing spherical, just feels fantastic. It gives me a great deal of self-confidence but also inspires me simply because I think what I'm undertaking is appropriate and that I am capable to play some of my very best golfing. 

Mickelson was also delighted to outscore his actively playing associate Tiger Woods by 11 pictures right after they had been paired with each other for the 30th time in the closing round of a PGA Tour-sanctioned celebration.

  I just experience very inspired when I participate in with him,  the Californian mentioned of Woods.  I enjoy enjoying with him, and he provides out soccer jerseys some of my finest golf.

  I hope that he carries on to engage in better and better, and I hope that he and I have a opportunity to perform together more in closing rounds. 

Viewing WOODS

Woods failed in his bid for a first PGA Tour triumph considering that the BMW Championship in September 2009 but Mickelson experienced the Soccer Shirts Cheap Saleformer entire world number a single was close to his best soon after two years of struggle on and off the course.

  Observing him participate in nowadays, it can adjust in one week,  Mickelson stated soon after fourteen-occasions main champion Woods had battled with his putting on the way to a closing a few-about-par 75.

  He used to hook, you had been waiting around for it and now he is just striping it proper at his focus on with a little little fade just like he used to do. And his iron play looked really sharp.

  I know the score was not what he needed and I know he failed to putt the way he wished to, but you could inform that he's genuinely shut. All it will take is one particular wholesale soccer jerseys week. 

Mickelson's victory on Sunday lifted him into ninth spot in the all-time PGA Tour standings with Walter Hagen immediately earlier mentioned him with 45 wins. Sam Snead heads the checklist with 82.

  It feels wonderful, whatever number it is,  smiled Mickelson, who will be inducted into the Entire world Golf Hall of Fame in May possibly.

  I am quite happy to be in the Hall of Fame but I also experience as however I want to search ahead. There will be a time in my occupation wherever I'll appear again and reflect but correct now I am looking ahead because I experience I have the potential to engage in some of my finest golf. 

(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles Editing by Peter Rutherford)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기